Saturday, January 31, 2009

When good projects go bad......

Hi all,

I get bored with my house ,ya' know? In Chicago ,I used to paint my kitchen a different color at least once a year. I'd rearrange the furniture about once a month.

Well, in this house there's really no where else to put the furniture and you can't paint any of the main rooms ,because it's basically ONE main room.

A girl HAS to do something ,right? Months ago I bought some wallpaper with the brilliant idea that I would make a "wallpaper back splash" in my kitchen. Kick things up a bit.

Picture it....yesterday.





I get up all raring to go on my little project. Honestly, it was such a bad hair day, I couldn't go anywhere.












I move all the stuff off the counter. Remove a million outlet covers.










Oooh! progress.......









(this is not trimmed yet) But it's getting there.
I nearly have the whole thing done.
What do I see? Oh sweet, the glue is not sticking where the seams meet.
Time to improvise. I get a little putty knife and put some elmers glue behind the paper ,on the seams.
By the time I do that , I realize that the entire paper is NOT sticking to the wall at ALL.








Lovely. I am so damn mad as I rip the whole mess right back off the walls.


The elmers glue ripped the paint right off the walls.












Cavuto wondered "what in the hell is wrong with this woman?"

I was so mad and disgusted I left the disaster sitting there and went and took my nap.




Needless to say, I spent my evening screwing a million switch plates back on, painting the bald spots,cleaning my kitchen back up and washing that spice rack that I haven't washed in 4 years.

good times my friends, good times.


Have a great day Peeps!

Luv me

12 comments:

Wesley said...

That does sound like a hoot!
Today, I'm going to wash a mountain of laundry and attempt to install a wiper washer pump. Weee!

Mary said...

Sorry your project went south. It happens to me all the time. As a matter of fact, it's happening in real time here in rocket city.

desert dirt diva said...

man god was speaking to you on this one... and what was he saying THAT has got to be the ugliest wall paper man could of invented....gods insight not mine...lol..

audrod777 said...

Im sorry Rhetta.......

Anonymous said...

Hey, desert diva said it right, I didn't! A senior moment perhaps when you picked it out? Gone all day Wills ballgame 11a, then little rock and Benton shopping. dead! aj

Anonymous said...

You know, at first I thought you were kidding about the Curse. Now I am starting to believe you. Perhaps the peeps that sold you the stuff can tell you how to stick it to a wall. Depending upon the adhesive used, some walls have to have 'sizing' applied first. G5

ac said...

Sorry your project went south. I did have to laugh a little at your plight.

I don't know about the pattern. I kinda liked it. :)

Smocha said...

Well ,I guess it's true ya really do "hurt the ones you love" LOL

The "hagitha comments" about my wallpaper came from my aunt and my best friend!

Apparently ,neither one of you clicked on the picture to see it full sized. :(

It's not bad. I was going to put a border on the top to accent it.

I was starved for color.Excuuuuuse meee. Everything is too damn beige around here.

My hair is too brown and my environment is too beige.

Thank the rest of you ,for your kind sympathy:)

Jamie said...

I know exactly what you mean about too beige. My whole life is too damned beige.

Happy Sunday. Hugs.

:)

Sarah said...

Shame it didn't work, but good on you for trying. I would never attempt anything like that....too lazy!

Glad you and Cavuto are back home safe and well, I'll miss your UK observations though!

Sarah said...

Shame it didn't work, but good on you for trying. I would never attempt anything like that....too lazy!

Glad you and Cavuto are back home safe and well, I'll miss your UK observations though!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Oh god - how frustrating! But at least you have a clean spice rack now.