Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike's spawn

Hi all,

We got quite the storm last night from good old Ike. The electricity kept going off. Around here when that happens , you never know if it will stay off for a few minutes or a few days. I gave up on trying to watch t.v. and read an entire novel ,between 3 and 10. I had my nifty little book light.Every time the electricity went out it made some weird buzzy noise which scared me every single time.

The wind was ferocious.Cavuto was going nuts watching it through the back door.I woke up at 3:40 and all was pitch black. I was happy to see signs of electricity when Cavuto woke me up again at 6:30.i feel all refreshed (not!)like I got about 2 hours of sleep.


I am not used to living in hurricane and tornado country. I feel for the people who were really in the path of this crap.


Yesterday when i got to the gas station the gas was 3.99 a gallon. Which wasn't that big a jump from what it had been. Certainly not enough to justify traffic jams to get gas. But the word is that once the gas is gone ,there will be no more for at least a week .


Hopefully today will be a more normal day around here.

Later peeps, have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad all was well, same here. We (and you) were under a tornado WARNING for awhile. One did touch down close to Prattsville. I didn't buy much.... 2 pr of jeans, black warmups, Will 2 shirts and 2 books, a pr of shoes. 9-330, I was beat but had to cook supper. Not having a spouse around does have its perks! Enjoy while you can! auntie j