Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Comments to comments ,because I have CRS



.....and I'm half blind. I can not remember anything long enough to comment to each of you in that little damn box. I hope that's not a bad sign about my sanity.





Wesley said..

Are you going to paint that cat to look like cavuto?


No. It’s symbolic :) and I'm not that talented.






Anonymous said...

Poor thing! I'd turn him over to the Humane Society. Starving, he may have developed bad trasits. Sad! They should find and lock up the owner with no food! Aj


No pit bulls allowed!




Golden To Silver Val said...

Ahem....if you read my post....you can see that I DID give it to you...you ARE on my blog roll. So don't go thinking that you're stealing it. LOL. No one was taking it so I had to come up with the first 7 that commented because people are funny about taking stuff not specifically given to them by name. So...I am officially giving it to you and expect to see it in your sidebar. You ARE very much a beautiful blogger. I do so enjoy your posts and I just LOVE your sense of humor.
Now about the dog...I advised Soul that perhaps the Pit Bull rescue in that area would take him...they are all about repairing the bad rep that these dogs have because of PEOPLE...not the dogs. They would not put him down. It really makes me sick .... physically ill...to see a pet in that kind of shape. God Bless your kids for helping him out.
TAKE your award. (shaking finger at you) LOL
Hope you're feeling your normal self. Doncha envy us over here with 1,900 inches of snow???



Thanks Val! I shall take the award. I know what you mean about people not taking stuff. That poor Skeletor is the worst case of a starving animal I have ever seen. Wes is planning to foster him, himself until he gets healthy. I just hope that he doesn’t have heartworms or anything like that, which will make it even more difficult to find him a home. Everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed! Oh and NO! ya'll can keep your lovely snow. Chicago was enaough to last me a lifetime!





Anonymous said...

Wes/Lena-I have forwarded link onto family/friends that may be able to help. Wes, please stand by the dog till help can come.
-Heidi


Thanks honey! Wes will do whatever needs to be done until the dog has a good safe home.





midwesttomidlands said...

I'm speechless on all accounts at the moment. First the dog, I hate to see animals like that. It really bothered me on our last trip, the state of the animals. I hope there is a solution to the dog you posted about. Let's hope for a happy ending.
Just getting to know you and your sense of humor. Looking forward to getting to know you more through blogland. I see we have one thing in common - Diet Coke! Thanks for the award wow. I will be back to pick it up.:) In the meantime stay warm!!


Your welcome . I love your gorgeous pictures! I mentioned Puerto Rico on your comments; they had tons of stray dogs there too, on the beach and everything. It broke my 6 year old heart.Diet coke...just for the taste of it! lol






Wesley said...

The dog is doing great so far. I've been feeding him every 2 hours, 6 times a day. His appetite is getting stronger every time.

At first, he just picked away at the food, but now he barely takes a breath until each bowl is gone.

He seems stronger already. His legs were trembling when he first showed up.

It rained today, so I made him a makeshift dog house. He's no dummy and has been hiding out, staying dry and looking forward to his next feeding.

Thanks for the kind words and donations! I'm planning on having him checked out at the vet tomorrow. I'm trying to find a crate to transport him in.


I’m going to be a nervous wreck until I hear what the vet has to say.





Anonymous said...

That is so sweet of Wes ! He takes after his auntie j !


Lol ,OR his Mama :)






Anonymous said...

ps.... pleaseeeeeee don't paint cat. How tall is it? Today at sos I saw the neatest plaque about 'soul', Thought of Soul but the postage would be out of my range it was so heavy, Oh, well, it's the 'thought that counts' . aj



Not gonna paint it. It’s about 9 or 10 inches tall. Wish I could go to SOS!(those not in the know...it's the thrift store)





Anonymous said...

That is the most pitifully thin dog I think I have ever seen. Good for Wes to rescue it. He should contact the Humane Society. They do not put down animals and will help to find him a good home. I am in agreement - do not paint the cat. G5



He is the worst I have ever seen either! I am thinking he must not be very old.Or he has one hell of a spirit and a will to live. In Chicago, one of our neighbors fostered a pitbull and that dog was really skinny, but no where near as bad as Skeletor. The lady told me when she first got the dog she was so weak she could not even stand up. Wes said Skeletors legs were trembling(when he first showed up) but he seems incredibly energetic for the state he’s in. I am amazed that he weighs 47 pounds too! He's got some heavy bones!





A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a sad state that dog is in, someone needs a good lashing, I will volunteer to do the job !
I have seen animals this poor after they have been "living on the lamb", especially with the Pit Bulls. People just turn them loose on the streets, especially if they have been evicted and can't rent another place, because of the dog.
He deserves a chance, and a loving home.
The Award, well I thank you for thinking about me. I am working rather heavy at the moment, but I will do the "meme" as soon as I can put it together.
I've also had the same fear of bathroom toilets overflowing ....hmmm.


Don’t sweat the award and the meme :) I just couldn’t help thinking of your blog as one of the “new to me and fantastic “ (actually it’s the most beautiful one ever!) Too bad we have no way of knowing how the poor dog got to such a state. Jacksonville was trying to have a city wide ban on pitbulls back in 2007, they increased fines, licensing fees, etc… I imagine a lot of unsavoury people just threw their dogs out or dumped them instead of paying more money. I am not sure how far they got with that legislation. But apparently it DID affect all the area shelters, as they do seem to have the “NO pitbull policy” But we don’t want to see him in a shelter anyway. Wes WILL find him a good home even if it has to be in a different state. And he will be his foster home until he is healthy.





Amy and The House of Cats said...

We read about this at Love and Hisses and had to come by and say that we really admire Wes for helping this poor guy out - and we also vote against going with the Humane Society because well, it could end badly for the poor dog. I would say to contact a pitbull specific rescue group first. I posted a link to this at my blog too - I know I have a few pit bull blogger follwers and hopefully they will see it and maybe have some ideas of who to contact to help. Thank you so much Wes - you are a good guy for helping out - we hope the vet news is good.


Thank You so much for spreading the word. Like I said, he is not going to any shelter. Thank God. I just hope the vet news is good. I’m thousands of miles away and I’m a nervous wreck. lol





umi_e said...

It's really sad to see that poor dog... wish him well...


Thank you! Animals are such trusting; pure souls it is just heart wrenching to see one like this
. Thank you all for your kind words ,donations and caring thoughts.







Mary said :

I've been reading about the pitiful found dog. I started to post a comment to the kids to send me their address and I'll send a check - guaranteed good - to help with the expense. I'm asking you to tell him because he has no idea who I am. I could be a mass murder of lost dogs so far as he knows. :-)



Thanks again Mary! I emailed you ‘bout this.







Heather said...

sounds like she was a beautiful dog. you brought a tear to my eye. i hope skeletor finds a good home


Grull WAS the best. She didn’t even smell like a dog. LoL And I swear, you could leave her in the house for 2 days and she would NEVER use the bathroom !

Skeletor is in good hands! I just hope his health (behind the starvation) is ok.
I saw your Vlog this morning, but I was busy doing my “chores” so didn’t get a chance to comment. Nice to meet you and I was going to say” Wow how sparkly and beautiful where you live!” I’m dying to know now, how you and your hubby met.
And …must be nice to look good enough to go in the sauna “a natural” LOL ….I don’t think I could do it. :)





3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I just wanted to add...
Pit Bulls do really get a bad rap, and I have worked with all kinds of dogs these past thirty years working for a vet.
At least Pit Bulls will growl, and give you a chance to stop what you are doing to annoy them. German Shepherds on the other hand, will lick one hand whilst he's biting the other, as will Dalmations !
I think it all depends on the way they are raised, as with everything else in this life.
You reap the rewards of what you sow.....
I'll be keeping up with your efforts, and kudos to you both.

Wesley said...

Maybe it's because he's so weak, I'm not sure, but Skeletor hasn't growled once. Not even while playing tug of war.

Such a happy-go-lucky guy haha.

Not From Lapland said...

that was a good way to do it! I shall tell the story of how we met soon i think. it's quite a nice one. thank you for coming over.