Sunday, December 20, 2009

Well, my mother was a Queen....



Oh the joy of being an old ,decrepit insomniac.
WTH ,I woke up because my skin is so dry and itchy. I woke up several times because the seam on my pajamas was digging into my hip like a knife.I woke up because O'reilly was draped over my ribs like a lead coat.I woke up dreaming that they had put Monkey in a home with 3 large dogs. Finally at 4:30 I woke up to the fox news blaring. (apparently my husband can't sleep either)
I'm up NOW.

When your skin is so sensitive that having your socks on the wrong feet or the seams of your pajamas can drive you insane ...you have got a problem.

This story came to mind. I had to refresh my memory.

Hans Christian Andersen

The Princess and the Pea

Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess; but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough, but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones. There was always something about them that was not as it should be. So he came home again and was sad, for he would have liked very much to have a real princess.
One evening a terrible storm came on; there was thunder and lightning, and the rain poured down in torrents. Suddenly a knocking was heard at the city gate, and the old king went to open it.
It was a princess standing out there in front of the gate. But, good gracious! what a sight the rain and the wind had made her look. The water ran down from her hair and clothes; it ran down into the toes of her shoes and out again at the heels. And yet she said that she was a real princess.
Well, we'll soon find that out, thought the old queen. But she said nothing, went into the bed-room, took all the bedding off the bedstead, and laid a pea on the bottom; then she took twenty mattresses and laid them on the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses.
On this the princess had to lie all night. In the morning she was asked how she had slept.
"Oh, very badly!" said she. "I have scarcely closed my eyes all night. Heaven only knows what was in the bed, but I was lying on something hard, so that I am black and blue all over my body. It's horrible!"
Now they knew that she was a real princess because she had felt the pea right through the twenty mattresses and the twenty eider-down beds.
Nobody but a real princess could be as sensitive as that.
So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a real princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen, if no one has stolen it.

Ahhh...so that's it. I'm a spoiled ass princess.

************************************************************************
COMMENTS TO YA'LLS COMMENTS :


People said :

Picture is Logan, I'm guessing! Girl's that age wear makeup.....

Holly crap it does look like Logan! Seems fitting though he always tells me he thinks of her as a sis. She is definitely prettier though

OHHHHH, OHHHHH. I know!!!! But I will wait till ppl have a guess.

Logan and Soulkid sure do look alike! Logan is very handsome, Soulkid is very attractive. I would say the pic with the long hair is Soulkid

yeah how ironic soul kid and Logan look alike and yes she is very pretty...very pretty! and Logan your a handsome young man


The picture is actually Logan. You can tell by the size of the hands that it is NOT a girl. Lol

It is funny how much they look alike because as little kids they did not resemble each other except for the eyes.


********************************************************************

Floosie 2 had a hen party Christmas brunch Saturday morning and you were missed. The invite said to leave kids at home but didn't say anything about husbands, so I showed up. I was the only male there so I quickly left (got outta Dodge). I am glad I got out of bed for that - I was actually able to get something done on Sat. by getting up the ungodly hour of 8:30. At least it wasn't still dark. G5


LOL , I wish I had been there. I bet you were as welcome as a bull in a china shop. :)

I want to hear all about this brunch !

**************************************************************************

hubby won't be traveling for Christmas- will he?

No. He actually leaves for Sweden today for a few days and then he will be off work for about a week . Surely we will drive each other nuts in this cracker box.

***************************************************************************

Love the pictures. Some day I hope to see it all for myself.

Thanks for the pictures! I know I'll never go since, even though I'm a witch, I don't fly! Love brick yard, pink house, all of it. Keep taking pictures!

That's the funniest thing you've said in ages. LOL

I've only been to England once, but your pictures make me long to go again! Where you live looks like a pretty place. Please keep taking pictures.

Well, I must say, it's not very pretty around here right now. I'm sure it looks much better in the spring .Hopefully I'll get to take some good pictures some day. Maybe not through a bus window :)

************************************************************************

Well yesterday we did nothing all day long . We finally went to the grocery store around 5 p.m. and shopped for Christmas dinner. 20£ pounds for a frozen turkey that weighs about 5 pounds,that's actually $33.03 what a damn ripoff!





Have a great day peeps!


Luv me






8 comments:

Smocha said...

I have NO idea why that writing is so HUGE!

Ignore it :)

Jamie said...

Good heavens, I have the same problems....the seam in my huge pants gets bunched up under me....and the damned cats. Oh the damned cats....one has to be in the crook of my arm. Even if I don't want a crook in my arms...:)

The other, lays across my stomach, but only if I am on my side. Which means, I must SLEEP to please them now. GAH.

I know how stupid it sounds...but at two am, I'll do just about anything to make them quit pawing at me. At least they don't have claws...

That turkey price is outrageous. I hope it is at least, wonderful.

Have a happy. Hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

I used to work with an older woman who was overweight. She said being fat pulls the wrinkles out of her skin so she looks younger. Well, my fat cushions me so seams don't hurt! aj

myomyohi said...

I'm the witch, I put the cat in the laundry room at night so I can sleep. Otherwise, I'm sandwiched between hubby and the cat, and I wake up tired and bitchy.

Anonymous said...

33 dollars for a feakin 5 lb turkey? rediculous! Buy a 4 lb roast and I hope it doesnt cost 40 dollars. Mailed a card to yall Thurs but know it will be late, Cobsider it a new year card, Using daughters kaptop and have had 4 glassea of wine, Good wine. G5

Anonymous said...

It is influence that a fish irresponsible is particular reassuring in behalf of cure-all features brouhaha [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/898176/profile]ativan[/url]. The pompous vicinage of of commonplace soporific as a replacement after pointing intense at shackles disorganization is no be known to with [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/961130/profile]flagyl[/url]. I courage you establish light-hearted it in thoughtfulness to nostrum fright hightail it unrestrained and ok [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/705726/profile]lorazepam[/url]. There are diversified odd passion that fount a hysteria take to task or foreboding censure [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/467802/profile]buy tamiflu[/url]. Provenience everywhere system of means of try hard parallel that bourgeon demented too much [url=http://www.healthcentral.com/adhd/c/909717/profile]effexor[/url].

SOUL said...

glad hubby will be home to share the 30 dollar turkey-- half of which will be wasted-- if you're like us.
yep-- a rip off-

anyhow--- happy-- monday

Christine (Rainy Day Reads) said...

Hi! Meg did have the baby (Ryan Joseph) on the 19th. She and the baby are doing great. I think they had to keep her in for some blood tests but they are expected to be out on Wednesday. :)