Sunday, December 27, 2009
The kids Christmas and year end meme
They didn't send me enough pictures (hint ,hint) so I had to tack some others onto the end.
And now ...the year end meme
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I became a mother in law. Woot!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year my resolutions, if memory serves me , were to keep a record of all the books I read . (Fail)
To learn to stand up on the wakeboard. (Fail)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sons friend and my friends daughter in law. Welcome to the world Finn and Braxton!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No . thank god.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Some eyeglasses that actually work!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There’s a few days that will but I can’t recall the exact dates. (senile ,you know)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
gained 30 pounds and resumed smoking after 3 or 4 months.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the flu and a couple colds.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
got a $300.00 coat for 59.bucks ,can’t really think of anything else.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my kids ,just for being awesome :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I’d rather not say.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To moving to England .
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My sons wedding.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2009?
You’re hot and you’re cold
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
ii. Happier I guess.
iii. Thinner or fatter?
iv. Thinner ,right this second
v. richer or poorer?
vi. Poorer :(
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
If I’d know how long I would be alone in America I would have gotten a job.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating and smoking
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Just did, with hubby and cats
21. How many one-night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Saving Grace and The closer
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I don’t really hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
I read tons of them, naturally can’t remember the names. One was
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Pretty much everything :)
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My friend Eva (who’s birthday is the day after mine ) and I got all hookered up and her daughter took glamour shots of us.
Oh ,I was *gag* 47
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Carol Burnette with her mop bucket
30. What kept you sane?
My girlfriends and my cats
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None of them. I don’t give a hoot about any of them
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
I let my husband do most of that stirring. He does enough for the both of us.
33. Who did you miss?
My kids, my husband ,my family,my friends.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t think I met any new people .
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I already knew this ,but I think I became better at accepting my husband for who he is. Annoying quirks and all :)
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"You're crazy bitch!"