Thursday, May 6, 2010

The cats have landed......

Hi ya'll,



I was all set to leave Sunday morning for Dallas-land. Saturday night ,at the spur of the moment my friend Floozie1 agreed to come with me on my journey.
I was super glad to not be traveling alone because for one thing, my truck had not even been driven in 7 months.Anything could happen .



The plan was to drive down Sunday whenever we woke up and then stay until Wednesday.The cats were scheduled to arrive Tuesday ,too late for me to drive home.



Our drive down was just perfect. It was a little cloudy and I was just in awe of how lush and green everything was. The trees were mostly bare when I left England.The scenery on our drive looked just beautiful to me .



Since it was Sunday ,we made good time and hit no traffic . We got to Souls (my sisters) around 2 P.M.



My sister has 2 dogs.







Sushi. This little (well ,big fat) Min-Pin.











And Eevee, this German Malimar (I think)

Well, unbeknownst to me until NOW, Floozie1 is absolutely terrified of dogs.

My sister let the dogs in and they both made a beeline straight for Floozie 1.


She nearly had a heart attack .




Eevee looked something like THIS.

Believe me ...scary ....even if one does not have a dog phobia.

Luckily, arrangements were immediately made to keep the little darlings in Souls bedroom or outside during our visit.






We visited ,we ate way too much restaurant food ,we removed some wallpaper border and we thrift shopped our way to exhaustion every day.
Soulman grilled some delicious chicken and we watched many episodes of I love Lucy.









My niece Soulkid, is now 16 and it is unreal how gorgeous that kid is.


We never looked like that .LOL

Thanks Soulkid for sharing your quarters with us :)






I was naturally a nervous wreck about the cats flight. (so was my husband) He had to drop them off in London at 6:30 A.M. their flight wasn't until 11:40 ,he said "I felt like I was abandoning them."




Soul and I went to DFW to pick them up . The guy brought them out to the waiting area and I started talking to them . Cavuto began screaming his head off . O'Reilly was totally silent. I looked in his crate and did not even see him. It looked like nothing but a wad of blankets. I spoke to him. No response. UGH! My heart fell to my feet ,thinking he was dead.



I asked the guy "What's wrong with him?"


"he's just hiding."


"No he's NOT! "


Apparently he WAS just hiding. Thank God!
Both of them had peed in their crates (they had been in them for 16 hours) O'Reilly must have been mad or ashamed. It took hours for that horrible feeling in my chest to go away.



The cats were growling and hissing at each other all night. They were pretty silent on the drive home though. We headed home at like 8:30 a.m. expecting to hit rush hour traffic. Amazingly, we hit NO traffic jams.



We made it home by 2:15 and I know Floozi1 had to be even more pooped than I was (she is 72). I immediately took a 2 hour nap.



The cats are still a little hissy at each other. I hope they will be back to normal in a day or so.


I just told my spouse "I will spend today recovering."



He said "I can't believe you need to "recover" from a 5 hour drive."


Ha! It's not just the drive ,it's all the nerve wracking of the cats, the drive and I hadn't even been home long enough to be over my jetlag before making that trip.



I'm wimpy. What can I say?



It's good to be home ! It's supposed to be 90 degrees today. I may get my albino self out in the sun. Hope I don't blind anyone.



The boat is gone ,being serviced and un-winterized or I'd be out on the lake today.



Thanks for having us Soulio and Soul clan!



Everyone else, have a great day in your worlds!

Luv me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the cats made it back ok! Anything could have gone wrong. i'm still in shock over soulkid... yes, beautiful child! Would she be a blond if not colored? aj

SOUL said...

yes she would be blonde.

geesh smocha-- i am ashamed of myself for my weak post of the day :(( spose i shall put up a link to this one. i'm soo exhausted. like the hollywood star 'suffering exhaustion, exhausted" we talked about. :))

neat post. happy ya made it .. chillax, wish you had your boat - that would be a nice end to a hellish week eh?

love me.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Glad you're back home with the kittehs and soon they will get readjusted to everything and hopefully solve your problem. I have heard through the grapevine that there was an emergency meeting called by the HMIC (head mouse in charge) advising all mice living in the area that an attack was eminent. They've been instructed to gather all belongings and vacate the premises. "Stay at your own risk" was quoted often by HMIC. Most of this mice community are illegals but that doesn't stop them from filing complaints with the ACLU. They should be able to dwell wherever they please without fear of intimidation. Many mice were quite vocal, refusing to leave as the accommodations are pretty nice and they had free run of the place. They are planning a massive protest march. The enemies have been vocal too but, at this point, more to each other than to the mice. The HMIC warns that this is only temporary and soon they will be labeled as prey, in direct violation of the civil rights movement of the 60's. This is discrimination, plain and simple, not to mention bullying which is illegal in some areas. More research is being done to see if Arkansas upholds that law. Stay tuned, film at 11.

Jamie said...

So happy that all is back to normal..rest up, you'll feel better in no time. Hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home again, cats n all. They will have your boat ready in no time - you need to recuperate anyway. Yes, Soulkid is truly beautiful. I would like to see the blonde version. G5