Thursday, April 2, 2009

So shiny ,so gold.......


I was at my usual Wednesday happening , sifting through the racks of "fresh meat" new merchandise,the blabber mouth next to me is yacking a mile a minute .She is always yacking. You can hear her voice throughout the store. She is a regular, like me, here every Wednesday.
Only for the first time, I notice the overwhelming smell of smoke wafting off her person. I didn't even know she smoked. The smell was intoxicating and delicious, yet repulsive .

"Oh.... I smell cigarettes." I say with longing to no one impeticular. "this is my 8th day of trying to quit."

A stranger the next rack over hollers to me "What's your first name honey?"

I yell it over to her. She says " I'll pray for you."

"Thanks"


I spent the next 3 hours sitting on the floor next to another stranger sifting through jewelry which had been marked down to a dollar. A dollar!

She must have said 10 times "I'm gonna have to take a break and go smoke a cigarette."

She never did. But I was fine. I did not smell smoke on her. I did not feel like throwing myself on the floor in a fetal position and crying to smoke.


The rest of the day was the easiest one yet. I kept thinking "whatever you prayed lady, it is working!"

Matthew 18:19 ".....if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven."

All of you, please pray for me :)


*****************************************************************************

A while back I jokingly told Floozie2 "I wonder if I should get Cavuto a fishbowl?"


He's soooo bored. Well, yesterday I happened to find a dang fishbowl for one dollar.

Next thing you know ,I'm over at Walmart telling some hick "I know nothing about fish."






Presenting Cavuto's new 28 cent pets.



I hope I don't kill them in less than a week.







He finds them fascinating. I do need some kind of cover for the top so he can't stick his head in there.


My hideous emergency cover made of pipe cleaners. :)






********************************************************************************

We're about to have a nice big thunderstorm. It's yard sale time around here so that is my plan du jour. getting more stuff ready for my yard sale. Whippee.





P.S. Here's the jewelry I found during my scavenging . Not bad for 6 bucks.



Have a great day peeps!

luv me

9 comments:

SOUL said...

eight days is awesome-- 23 (?) makes a habit!) want the "CH"? i have it still-- what's left of it- it was workin so good-- til it made me crazy. -- we both know it wasn't all it was that messed me up-- but it sure didn't help. going off helped a lot-- but now-- well.. i smoke-- a lot-- again. it's a good thing -- but it really does affect your brain.
ugh. i could be a non smoker by now-- that upsets me.
very best of luck to you in your endeavor.
it's sad actually just how many people want to quit--and try-- and just can't get it done.
don't take it personal if it doesn't work this time-- it will eventually. look at other addictions... sometimes it takes like 7 times in rehab to "it" .

anyhow -- i know it's hard--- and i do know the feeling --- of "the smell". i get it with alcohol sometimes--when i'm in a bad space. i smell booze half a mile away. sometimes i'm ok with it-- but when i'm thirsty it can be a problem.

i told you you would get a friend for the kitty-- i had no clue it would be fish. i'm glad he likes them. but yes keep them covered-- cats do like to crab em and pull em out. eat them or not-- they die .

so anyhow-- forgot the rest of your post--sorry--it happens...
but you sound pretty good -- that's cool.

happy yard saling--hope ya dont get rained on.
luv me.

Mary said...

Glad to hear that you got through another day without cigs. Hang in there. I took a quiet break to ask that the nicotine craving be taken away.

All-in-all you had a good day at the thrift store. I know Cavuto is pleased. Great idea, the fish.
The pictures are keepers. Great material for photo contests, etc.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Boy I sure remember "the smell". It wasn't long after I had quit when I started noticing that most people who smoke smell like cigarettes...stale cigarettes. Yuck. I could smell them from 10 feet away and I had never noticed it when I was a smoker. I remember thinking..."wow, I must have smelled just like that". I notice that I get a whiff now and then off my granddaughter's clothes (her mom smokes). Its not too bad as my daughter goes outside to smoke her cigarettes as she doesn't want her house to smell bad. I'll be so glad when she finally decides to quit. Right now she doesn't think she can, so she doesn't. That's the kind of attitude that cigarette companies want you to have. Good luck to you...I'm praying for you too. When you pull this off, you not only will be richer but you'll be healthier and its nice to be able to just grab your KEYS and go out for a walk and not have to fool with cigarettes and lighter. Plus that...food tastes SO MUCH BETTER.

desert dirt diva said...

good job, well done... I know know if you my non smoking friend who used to smoke like a chimney can do it,so can i , I will try this weekend

myomyohi said...

Hea, my addiction is food, and I can't seem to keep my mouth shut, or my elbow from bending and feeding my face. Cudos for 8 days without a cigarette. Hang in there!!!!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you starting immed. and will pray for you every day that that the desire to smoke will lessen with each day and finally go away (which it does). A verse that gave me strength was 1st Corinthians 10:13. I will never forget that verse which I did cling to as I was quitting. I smoked for 34 years and the last 20 were 3 packs a day. So, it can be done. The gum helped a whole lot and I still chew it. The fish are a neat idea and the pics are great! G5

Anonymous said...

Upon closer examination, are those the crystals in the bottom of the fish bowl? Genuine Arkansas crystals? Neat. Now, go get some diamonds and mix them in with the crystals. Burglars would never find them there. G5

Brad said...

I still have a bottle of CH too, if you want it. I'll send it to ya.

Your doing great sweets! well, except for the part about going around sniffing the general public, but we'll work on that!

Jamie said...

I am SO proud of you! You just keep doing what you're doing, you can beat this. I wish I could...but I seriously don't think so, I am the most addicted person ever.

I love the pics of the fish with Cavuto...I once had a fishbowl and a cat, it wasn't long until I had a broken fishbowl and a cat, and many dead fish. Good luck.

I will pray that this week is easier for you. Hugs, smocha.

:)