Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dish soap and Bette Davis eyes............



Hi ya'll ,

When I was waiting for my coffee to brew this morning I had a memory come flooding back to me. When I was a little kid everyone drank their coffee out of those shiny cups (which I now know were called fire king) but the odd thing was they never washed them. They may have rinsed them ,but they all had deep dark stains in them. Anyone remember that?For the life of me, I can not imagine why they would not have washed them.They washed all the other dishes.Anybody know the answer to this old mystery?






It's really rather disgusting. And so was the canned PET milk they used for creamer. Or how 'bout some yummy old powdered milk? Bleah! Just the thought makes me cringe. My mother used to always try and give us that nasty sh*t.


*******************************************************************************


It's started already. My nerves are shot. I am terrified that something will go wrong again when I return to England.



Which was supposed to be Aug. 17th.
Well, naturally ,when we got my ticket back in January......we didn't think to check what day of the week that was. Turns out it is a Monday. Meaning there are no Vets open on the Sunday before to do Cavuto's (unneeded) tick and tapeworm treatment,which Englnad requires.







After much calling around and begging, and offering to bribe someone to come in on a Sunday we finally gave up and had to change my damn
ticket. (Now I will be waiting 8 days longer to have my nervous breakdown.)



Oh and that will only cost us $300 smackers.




.....Insert stream of cuss words here......


*******************************************************************************


The other night I did a photo shoot for my friend Eva. For the cover of the book she is writing. It's her memoir about her dysfunctional life. It's turning out to be quite a hilarious book.






Anyhow, the idea was to be like a dark haired Marilyn Monroe kind of vibe ,in the "Seven year itch " picture.




First of all ,I had no idea what women had to go through to get all glammed up like that.












We had to do makeup like you wouldn't believe. False eyelashes ..the whole bit. And the hairdo's . Thank God we don't all have to go through THAT every day.


We had a good time taking tons of pictures ,while happy houring.


I kept seeing Bette Davis.






(an extremely rough draft of a picture)

Naturally, my photo program is screwing up when I need it. So, I can't show you any of the actual pictures . Gah!

*******************************************************************************

My latest thrift store find.

This copper(?) planter for 8 bucks.


Cavuto was thrilled with it. It was no easy task for him to cram his huge self in there either :)



We should all be so easily entertained.







Happy humpday peeps!

Luv me

7 comments:

Wesley said...

AHEM!

I'll have you know that MY mother used to make us drink that atrocious powdered milk as well. I remember her trying to pass it off as real milk, but I was never fooled!

The real freak coincidence here is that WE'VE been out of real milk for almost a week and what do you know, we happen to have some of that nasty powdered crap from when Kim was making dog treats. Guess what's been going in my coffee and cereal... *wretch!*

Anonymous said...

They DID wash the cups but coffee stained over time. I've been using a perculator the past couple of months and it's already stained. HOT! We (kids included) just got back from picking 25 lbs of blueberries! aj

Brad said...

Dam, that CPS is sure a whiner, who raised him? monkeys?

I tried to explain to my neice once that we didn't always have coffee makers, that we actually put a cooffee 'pot' on the stove and boiled that shit. She never did buy it.

That pot looks to me to be bronze - if it's heavy and goes 'plunk' more the 'ting' when you tap it, it's bronze.

Anonymous said...

My grandmother used to put Pet milk in her coffee. Eewwww!! She didnt have a refrigerator, just an ice box and the Pet stayed good much longer than regular milk. Great job on that bronze vase thing! If it is big enuf to hold a cat, it is big enuf.
Easy way to simplify your life and live more cheaply: Shoot the cat and bury it in the flower bed. Just kidding! G5

desert dirt diva said...

i'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thinks she looks more like Rita Hayworth.

SOUL said...

wes cracks me up.

yep-- perhaps the pet and powdered milk is why i never touch the stuff. i thought my loathe of any milk was from the days of "the milk is for the kids only!!!"
even tho i was kind of a kid too-- i still wasn't allowed to drink the milk...good job sis.

how's that for whiney BRAD???

anyhow---- school starts on the 25th of august--- how bout ya let a gal know some ticket info???

love , me